Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Monday, January 22

My second Day in Neiderbipp

After I woke up at 6am after my sleep I went and had breakfast. I had Cereal
and a Swiss home made bread or Brot as it is in German. This was really a very
odd tasting bread as it was almost like a croissant and a bagel mixed together.
After breakfast I went and read all of my emails from my family and cryed again. I
then asked my host brother to help me with the computer because my web page
site was all in German and I could not understand it. So he helped me change it
all to English , he also changed the key board so that I could type normally with
out having to worry about some of the letters being different. The good thing
was this oly effects my account so the rest of my family still has everything in
German. While I was emailing Olivia's boyfriend came over and then stayed for the rest of the day. He seemed really nice and friendly. So after my emails I went down stairs and gave out my gifts. My family seemed to like them. I gave them a boomerang,Roo pooh (chocolate coated peanuts),a animal bath glove, a fly swatter gun, a book on Tasmania and a blackwood pen.
We then went for a drive around my village and the surrounding area. This was
really nice. It is so very different to Australia. The villages are so close
and very odd. My village has 3 banks, but not other shops apart from a
supermarket. The next village has no clothes shops but a car shop. On our
drive we went through a forest. It was just like the forest in Hansel and Gretel, so verry beautiful!
We then came home and my host counselor and her partner arrived. we all sat
around the table and talked. It was wonderful to hear the German. However I have a
problem because most Swiss speak Swiss German, and it is rather diffent to normal German. So i have to in a way learn 2 languages German and Swiss German. Anyway I had a nice time with my counselor and I think she will be a great counselor to have. After the counselor left we had dinner. It was chicken covered in vegetables, a huge salad (mum would be proud) and 1|2potato's covered in nuts. It was really yummy. After dinner I was told all of the house rules. I have to vacuum my room once a week, clean my bathroom (yes I have my own Bathroom) and do my own laundry. I am allowed to go out by myself on weekends but I have to let my family know. I have a train pass (a full public transport pass paid for by my club) so I can go to school and visit the big cities. I start language school tomorrow in the morning until 12. then the rest
of the week is 2 till 5ish. Well I am no off to see my Host brother and Sisters
verbal exams. They have to talk for 15minutes on a topic. I then Have my rotary
lunch today and will get my train pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home