Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Monday, January 22

Neiderbipp

I have just been to my host sisters talk. We drove to her school. The town her school is in is a bit like Hobart. More brick buildings and this town actually has clothes shops etc. The school was really very big and looked a bit like a university. I sat and listed to her talk even though i did not understand a word. When we left the school i noticed a huge area of bikes, 200 hundred bikes where all lined up. I have never see so many bike in my life. We then went to get my train pass. when we arrived they said that i had to get my visa cerified first. so we drove back to my Town go it certified and then went to the train station again. Once there we realised i did not have a photo of my self to put on the pass. This was OK as they had a photo booth down stairs. My host mother and I went down stairs and heaps of fun trying to work the machine and get a photo. Heaps of laughs later a photo was taken and I had a train pass. We then went and had a coffee. We walked into the coffee shop and i suddenly felt my chest go tight as my lungs were filled with heaps of smoke. I never realised how lucky we are in Australia to have no smoking in public places. After the coffee and croissant we went back to the car, This was when I realized another difference. I kept looking to the left then the right for cars, but realized that here you have to look at the right then the left or you will be run over!

We are now back at my house. My organizing diary is getting filled as I put in as many Swiss words as I can so that I am prepared for tomorrow when there is not English in side the house. I have my Rotary lunch soon and that is really exciting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

It is really nice that you have a rail pass. I am sure that you will thank your club. It will allow you the opportunity to travel all over Switzerland on the weekends once your language skills improve. Skipper is being a puppy and is so much fun. Sleeping outside now. Glad your keyboard is in English so the typing is easier (less character errors). Love you heaps. Let me know how Rotary is? The home sickness will shrink.

Dad

January 22, 2007 10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ange
Sounds so awesome,Dont cry to much :) have fun instead!
Doesn't feel like you've gone yet.Maybe when i go back to school. Take some photos and post them on your blog if you can. Id love to see them. Btw what's the time difference over there?
-love your swimming in our clothes in portia's pool pal :P

January 23, 2007 1:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home