Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Monday, March 5

Happy Birthday Benjamin and Olivia

Today was Olivia and Benjamins (my host brother and sister's) 18th Birthday.
To Celebrate last night we went out to a really nice restaurant for dinner.
The restaurant is run buy 2 gay guys, so lets just say the restaurant was really trendy and modern. The food was also so good. Now for those of you who love horses you better skip this part as it may make you a bit upset........for yes you guessed it I had pferd...(or horse in English) for dinner. It sounds horrid eating a horse but I figured if we eat kangaroo why can't the Swiss eat horse. Now for any of you who have not eaten horse....it actually is really good. It is like a really tender good cut of beef, but better. So if you have the chance to eat horse I recomend you should try it....as odd and strange as it sounds it is good.

We sat at the restaurant and just talked like a normal family, it was so nice. We spoke a mixture of German...and a little bit for Englishes (just when we were deep in a conversation and I didn't know the words in German). It really was such a wonderful evening.

The only odd thing for me about this restaurant however was that there was cat....yes a live cat (the Swiss don't eat cat as well) walking around the restaurant. The cat would weave through the table legs , and your own legs for that matter in search for food scraps or a pat. It really was strange.


Today to celebrate their Birthday Olivia and Benjamin had their friends over for a breakfast brunch Today. So yesterday in the day we had a big bake day. I made ANZAC biscuits,......and they turned out really well. They were the good old chewy kind that are really yummy, the type that once you have one you have to have more........I was so proud of myself for cooking them

Sadly however I was not able to go to the brunch today as I was invited to Zurich by a Swiss girl from my school to see a theater school's open day.

I was not really sure what I was going to see until I got there a I actually had not fully understood what she had said . All I understood was Zurich, theater,we meet this Sunday 10:30 at he train station. DO you want to come.

It really was a very interesting day and I really enjoyed myself. The theater was really rather different to anything I had ever seen. The classes were all putting on different acts all over the school. We walked around the school and went into different rooms to watch small performances. My favourite was one on mime. It was very funny and It was one I could completely understand just as much as the next person. My next favourite was a acrobatic act, this was because I just love to watch the tricks people can do. The other acts were things such as small plays, dances, modern controversial theater and interpretive movements and dance.

I was so happy to be invited to go some where by a class mate, apparently it is a very rare thing as Swiss children usually are nice to exchange students but never ask them to go anywhere, so the exchange students normally end up asking them to do things instead....so I was really lucky to be put in such a nice class full of such nice and welcoming people.


So once aging I have had a very interesting, enjoyable and totally wonderful weekend and am now off to school tomorrow to start my 3rd week of Swiss school.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ange,
i really miss you.Hope your doing well girl.:) be strong
Liv

March 11, 2007 12:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot always get ANZAC biscuits to turn out all nice and chewy.....well done!!!! You are braver than I was, Angela....I declined horse meat sashimi (raw horse meat)the first time it was offered in Japan.....last time I was there I did eat it. Your father thought it was great, I would no go back for seconds!!!
love Mum xxxxx

March 11, 2007 2:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home