Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Tuesday, January 23

The end of day 3

My host father drove me into Basel to get my bank account sorted. I have a bank account that is used by all of the exchange students from my club and is passed down the line, so to speak. I changed the pin number and was told that I can only take out a limit of 200CH (Swiss franks) a month. Once this was done we drove about 200m up the road to Rotary. My Rotary club has it's meetings in a hotel. This hotel is rather old and looks abit like one of the buildings in salamanca. We went inside to the club room. The room was set out almost exactly like my club at home with 3 rows of tables. The only difference was that they did not have the presidents table out the front. This club was also a little more like a gathering of old men. Well actually it was not like a gathering of old men it was a gathering of old men. My host Dad who is 50 was most definitely the youngest member. The club had a very friendly feel and everyone joked and talked just like at home. The difference with the feeling of the club however was that most of the members smoked while they ate or talked. This was not that pleasant but I am actually getting used to the smell now.
We had two servings of lunch and I was so full by the end I could not finish it all. We first had either pasta or soup (I chose pasta). Then we had potato's and meat and vegetables. Mum you should be proud because the vegetables where the first thing that I ate! I talked to the president and other members and have been offered to one day go horse riding with one of the members.
After lunch we went back home and I went for a run\walk to take photos to send to you. When I was doing this one of the neighbours started yelling at me and I did not understand what was going on. Then I realised that they thought I was a robber. This is because the area has recently had a huge stint of robbers and they are very wary of strangers. I kindly said that I was staying with Romeo and Michele and they seemed happy with that!. We then went off to the school again this time for Ben's talk. Bens talk was on guns and how running improves your aim as it lowers your nerves..or something like that. Once his talk was over we took the air gun back to the shooting range. It was very interesting, Ben then told me that he is the 7th best in all of Switzerland at this sport. When we came home I sat with my host mum and went over my German Beginners book and learnt new words. We then had dinner of meat stuffed tomato's and rice. That brings us to now. I am getting really sleepy and have to be up at 6 so I can catch the 7oclock train to language school. So good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home