Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Sunday, March 18

Taste Sensation

Last night my host family and I were invited by a elderly couple to an Italian restaurant for dinner. The elderly man is a family friends of my hots family and also happens to be in my Rotary Club.

The Elderly man's name was Frederic, and he gave myself and my host brother and sister a pin for our Rotary blazers (my host brother and sister are going to go on Rotary exchange in August). My pin is from Frederic's wife, Lotti's, club. The club she is in for ex sports people, I think she was a good gymnast when she was Young. I we were also all given a free "luck" betel ornament, it was so nice of them.

At the table I sat opposite my host sister Olivia and we had a wonderful girly chat abut everything...and guess what...it was almost all in German (there were a few words of English used when i didn't know the word in German). It was lovely to talk to Olivia as she is normally very busy studying for her exams that we rarely just sit down and talk.


For dinner I decided that I was going to broaden my taste bud horizons ...so I ordered thin sliced ham and cheese for starters. when the starter arrived i realized that the word that I had not understood when reading the menu must have meat "raw" as the meat that was in front of me had not seen an oven in it life.
However deciding I was going to be brave i ate it all.........and i must say.........it was well very interesting, but i don't think I will order it again.

For my main meal I had pasta filled with cheese, covered in a mushroom and truffle sauce. This was really nice. The truffle flavour was very potent so alot of water was consumed while eating this meal....hoverer this I probably would order again as the taste was really interesting and rather enjoyable.

For dessert I had a chocolate covered ice cream ball filled with Caramel....this was so yummy and I was just able to finish it as by the last few spoon fulls it started getting really rich.


So after a wonderful taste sensation we finished dinner. We then come home at about midnight...and all went to sleep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would have been so funny to see you eat raw meat.. seeming you dont like it at home.. and you normally have to eat it all burnt and no sign that it ever lived... hahahahahah....
the food sounded really yummy...
Love Olivia your sister

March 18, 2007 10:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also woud love to have seen your effort at almost-living meat!!!!! Well done Angela! The dessert sounded yummy.

Love Mum xxx

March 20, 2007 10:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is cousin Scott here.

Eating raw meat - if you come to our place we can have plenty of raw beef or venison. If you are lucky and come during winter you can pluck and gut your own pheasant or if you are really lucky choose your own chicken from our backyard and we can eat it for sunday roast in your honour.

Enjoy the time

love

big cus

March 21, 2007 10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home