Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Tuesday, March 13

Yes I know it is a long time since i last updated this blogg and I am sorry. The internet died at my house so I was not able to do any email related things...and that meant that today when I opened my inbox I had 10 unread emails....so let’s just say this afternoon I have been emailing like crazy.

So what have I been up to. Well on Friday’s I have a huge free gap in the middle of my school day. This is because I don’t got o French or latten classes (learning one language is enough for me at the moment). So I have 4 hours free in the middle of the day (this is including lunch time). So what did I do in this huge gap apart form learning a bit of German. Well myself
and some other exchange students at my school, from AFS, decided to go out for lunch. So we went to find a pizza place called “he green corner.” This pizza place is meant to be the best in town and is really famous amongst the Swiss.
So we walked up and down the street in search of this famous pizza place…..but could not find it. So instead went in to some tiny little pizza parlour, that we found just sitting there invitingly on the side of the street

I was not too hungry so decided to just have a margarita Pizza. We sat and talked and waited for the pizza to arrive. When it did you should have seen my face..............I was so shocked …..


I have ever seen such a big pizza in my life.

Image the biggest plate you have ever seen. Now put a thin proper Italian pizza on top, that hangs out over the edge of the plate, and then you will have a smaller version of the pizza that I had. Really it was huge

I just looked at it thinking "how will I ever eat this". However after about an hour the pizza was gone and I was well and truly full and satisfied.



On Saturday I went with my host family to the Emmentaler cheese factory. This was just wonderful. I saw at fist had how they make this famous cheese. It was so interesting how they processed it and added all of the cultures into the cheese to create the famous Emmentaler cheese holes. After having a look around the big factory we went out side to an old house that is next to the factory. In this house is an old man who makes the Emmentaler Cheese the old fashioned way….what he does is he melts the cheese over a fire in a big pot and then collects the cheese from inside the pot with mesh. He the puts the cheese in a mould and presses out all the water with a huge rock. The cheese is then left to mature for 3 moths. So I have decided I will have to go back in three months to taste the cheese he has made.

It was so interesting. I did take lots of photos to show you all; however just like the internet here in Switzerland my camera has also died. It has decided to have the display screen flash hundreds of pixelated colours at me and reject all of my memory cards.


On Sunday we went to the French part of Switzerland to the regions around Geneva.
It was such a beautiful day and the sun on the Alps was just beautiful as it was reflected of the big lake that was in the middle of the city. We went for a walk around the lake and went and visited a huge big castel that was about 5oo years old. It was the first castel I have ever been in and it was so old and amazing. It was not a decorative castel, it was more a medieval military castel.

The whole thing was built on the side of the lake and was all made out of huge big stones. It was like the castel in lord of the rings, all big old and well castel like. It was really interesting to look through; it was made better by the fact that I had a pamphlet guide in English and could understand what everything was. The castel was built as a war castel, was later taken over by a rich man who wanted to live there. He added to the castel a chapel and a few guest rooms. Then when he died it was once again take over by the military and converted back into a prison and a military base. IT was so interesting. After looking through the castel I went and bought postcards so that I could have photos of the castel (as my camera was broken).

We then just walked around the French part of Switzerland. It is so different to the German part, a lot more fashionable and stylish. The buildings are more French and the people are all dressed up in their “Dior” and “Gucci”…just to go for a walk. The people in the French part also roller -blade everywhere. I have never seen so many old and young people roller –blade in my life, whole families out for their daily roller blade.
It really was such a wonderful day in the sun.
Once again I had such a great and different weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Ange,
what a pitty about your camera dying.... the castle would ahve been so awesome.... how did you eat a whole pizza... i would have died after three pieces.. well i guess you do eat like a horse... or you could eat a horse at times...
well have fun.. email me back poo...
Olivia C-T... your sister

March 14, 2007 6:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get to try the cheese? factories are so interesting...and not something one would normally go to,unless a tourist!!! what a pity about the camera. Well, when you go back to taste the cheese made the old-fashioned way.......Continue to have fun!

Love Mum xxx

March 17, 2007 11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home