Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Thursday, January 25

My Snow day

The snow was just wonderful. I ran outside and jumped and played in the snow like a little child. I tried to make a snowman but he snow was just to powdery and it kept crumbling. I could have stayed in the snow all day but had to do my german homework and go to language school.
I rang my family (from Aus) and it was just so nice to hear there voices.
My German is improving and I can say a few sentences and understand little bits of a conversation. I have language school for 3 weeks and I think that this will help.
My biggest problem is pronunciation...they say letters so odd (e's are i's, w's are v', v's are f's ect.)so it is hard to read and know how to sound the letters.

When my hopst Mum and I were coming home from language school we hopped on the train...then it said "the next stop is Zurich". My Host mum and I went "oh no we are on the wrong train". We sprinted off the train so fast and were just in time to hop on our proper train. Zurich is nice but I don't really want to be stuck there at night in the snow!
When we came home we had Fondue...it was so warm, cheesy and nice. My host dad made it and I wrote down the recipe!My host sister and brother don't really like cheese. This was fine with me as I could then eat more of it!

Oh my host brother also got me a Mobile phone for 38 Australian dollars.It then had about 15 dollars credit! It is a good one too! How cheap! This is so I can contact my host family if I miss the train or get lost etc.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallo frau angela,
omg ich liebe snow!!??! we're going to the regatta today :) did you hear about the big day out scandal?? well if you didn't heres what happenned: the organisers of it (like falls) banned people having the australian flag as they thought it symbolises racism and hatred. John Howard got pissed off and everyone got mad and they had to let the flag in and apoligize and everyone came dressed in australian flags etc.!!!!!

January 26, 2007 9:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home