Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Tuesday, March 20

Yodel-ay-eh-ho

Well I have now officially been to see yodeling....or "Jodeling" as they spell it in German.

It was really beautiful to listen to and sounded like a cross between gargling water and a church choir...........I know that it does not sound appealing but trust me it was.

I went with my host parents and my host brother Benjamin. The Yodeling was held in a small town about 10 minutes away from my town and was a true local event. I am sure I was the only tourist. The fact that it was meant for the locals meant that this "Jodeling" was the real thing...it was "Jodeling" in its true form and not altered for the tourists.

The yodelers were dressed in traditional costumes (leaderhose, the funny shorts and braces, and Swiss dresses). It was just wonderful to see and was made even more authentic looking as the stage background had been painted to look like the Swiss Alps.

SO there you go I have now experienced Yodeling in Switzerland

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg... gargalling water...
well it doesn't appel to me but... becuase i saw two guys on asutralia'sgot tallent... (swiss guys) yodell and one play the acordian i know it sounds really awesome.... well i g2g and do my home work...
Love your true sister Olivia

March 20, 2007 7:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I want to know is....was there a lonely goatherd standing high on a hill as well...ley-he-oh-de-ley-he-oh-de-ley-he-ho!!!!!!

Love Mum xxxxx

March 20, 2007 10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home