Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Tuesday, April 24

The last day of England

I awoke on my last day to see Cordelia once again peering around the door hoping that her guest were awake so she could play. Rupert had gone back to school int he morning so it was just Olivia, Cordelia, Elizabeth and I at home. We all got dressed and then went down for breakfast. Elizabeth was cooking eggs...so I had a real English Breakfast, with eggs and bacon..in England, so yummy.


After breakfast Elizabeth had to go out and do some shopping. So Olivia and I were entertained by Cordelia. She took us on a Assault course(climbing over the swing set), a bike ride, a swing on the rope swing and we helped do some more of Rupert's train Puzzle.


After having a wonderful time being a child again, Elizabeth came home and it was time for lunch. Ted came over form his office for lunch and we sat out in the sun and talked.

The phone then range and it was Rupert ringing for school to say goodbye. Apparently he had been a bit upset that he had to go to school in the morning and couldn't say goodbye. It was so sweet of him to call, so I had a little chat to Rupert thanked him for his call and then had to get my suit case so we could go and catch our plane.

A huge hug was given and received form Ted, Elizabeth and Cordelia. It was sad to wave good bye to them all....I had had such a wonderful time staying with them and had really felt at home.


Elizabeth drove us to the airport, after many a hug goodbye to my god mother I had to go through customs and bored the plane.


The plane ride home went really fast (I always find the way back is faster than the way there)
Olivia and I then steeped back on Swiss soil. Olivia's boyfriend had come to the airport so he could come back on the train with us.

The train ride was 3 hours, and while Olivia and her Boyfriend where talking I had time to sit and think...and while I was looking out he window I suddenly felt homesick....and not just for my family at home, but for Elizabeth,Ted, Olivia D-T, Rupert and Cordelia. They had all made me feel so at home, and I had had such a wonderful time.n So when I was sitting on that train knowing I was going back to speaking German , Knowing that I was going to have to work so hard at being able to be understood.....I suddenly missed the familiarity and the closeness I have with my family and my god mother and her family.

Until my German is better it is really hard to form a close relationship with people when I can not properly communicate. Being in England was so nice to be able to become close to people so quickly.....and I missed it.


However I have now been back in Switzerland for a good few days and I am actually enjoying learning German again and the challenges that come with it. i feel that my brain has enjoyed it's break and is now ready to learn a lot more.

Switzerland is now extremely green, the landscape has changed as all the trees and flowers are flourishing in the extremely unusually warm weather we having. I have been back at school for a day and have slipped back into school life with out a problem.

So all good in the land of Chocolate, and I had a wonderful time in England

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blogg

Dad

April 24, 2007 6:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still missing you ange

April 27, 2007 11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home