Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Monday, May 28

A big Day out.


On Saturday My host family (well Benjamin, and my host parents;Michele and Romeo ,and I) all went to the Jungfrau Mountain area adn the Bern UberLand.



We drove and drove and arrived at a small village. We hopped out of the car and walked over to a walking track. I thought we were just going to go on another bush walk...however I was wrong. We arrived t these gates, paid and went through. We arrived at this river with a sign that said.





So I now realised we were going to water and lots of it...but not normal water...Glacier water.



We then went up in the berg in a cable car (and I mean we went up inside the mountain) We then went out of the mountain and arrived at our first part of this amazing internal waterfall.





The waster was so clean and crisp and the sound was deafening.




We then climbed up to the next view points of the waterfall. But this time we were inside the mountain.




We went to many viewpoints inside the mountain.



For me the water was not the only attraction. I thought the texture and the eroded rocks were art in themselves.






We then followed our viewing path out of the Mountain and outside again. Here we had a bit of a family photo snap and continued on our way.




We left the waterfall which I found out was called Trümmelbach.

By now it had started to rain but the air was still warm so we decided to go up to a very special village on another mountain over the other side of the valley.


This village is special because you can not drive cars there...cars are not allowed. You have to reach this town by a cable car, then bush walk or take a small train.


So we took the cable car up and then decided that seeing as the weather was a lot more pleasant up there we would bush walk the hour to the village.


This part of Switzerland is so stunning. It is just the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It really took my breath away.It is everything you think of Switzerland..there are the huge green lush hills, the big grey mountains painted in the crisp glistening snow. Just amazing.








As we were walking along I kept seeing all of these lines on the mountain...they were very odd and I couldn't work out what they were...I asked my host family and they told me they are fences put there to stop avalanches......




We then arrived at our destination Mürren the Village with no cars. What also makes this village famous is that int eh mountain behind it one of the famous 007 James Bond movies was filmed. (a old one with Nazi's and mountains...)



We then walked around this village.





We stopped to have a nice spot of something to eat. I had a new traditional Swiss meal I have never had......Special bread with melted cheese and herbs. This was a basic meal but i think basics are always some of the best.

The view form our table was just lovely....i Love the mountains. I always feel a bit like Heidi when I am up in these alps..all I am missing is the goat peter and a grumpy Old Grandpa.






We were going to go up on the mountain were James Bond was filmed but we were not able to as the vies was to cloudy and it we would not have been able to see anything.
So we went back to the bottom of the mountain instead...but this time by train.



We then started to drive home when my host mum decided we would stop in Interlakin and have a Coffee. So we walked around Interlakin and went to a very posh and amazing Hotel.. the Jung Frau Victoria Hotel.



Here I had a fruit tea..and it was just to die for...so nice.
We sat around being all posh and civilised.
After a stop to the luxury toilets we hopped back in the car and went home.


It was along and very fun day.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely photos Angela.You are certainly seeing a lot of switzerland,its such a pretty country,i guess it hasnt changed that much in 30 years!!Have fun Love Aunty Joy

May 31, 2007 3:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ange.....
wow.. you are seing like heaps of Switzerland... like everywhere... when it is smaller than tassie.. of course you can see heaps..... lol
looks lke it was freeeeezzzzing.... well it is dowwn here...mum has all the heaters on and is like im her mumish voice "keep the door shut it is freezing." don't yu miss that???
well best be off
LOVE OLIVIA

June 02, 2007 2:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ange
hope your having fun girl.
havent forgotten you. :) go on msn sometime we can talk!
liv

June 02, 2007 11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home