Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Monday, September 3

Jodlerklub Ramiswil

Every Friday afternoon I am picked up by a friend of my host families and she takes me to her Yodeling club...Jodlerklub Ramiswil.

I personally do not do much at the club......mainly just sit there and listen. This is because I can not yet yodel and these people are fantastic. (I sound like an animal dying each time I attempt to yodel)


The program of a jodeling club evening is that at 7:45 I am picked up and then I once we arrive I watch the rehearsal of 4 members of the club who are doing a special quartet yodeling song.



Later the rest of the club arrive and the practice begins.

A practice consists of all of the club singing all of the Swiss German songs (that is another problem I have with Yodeling, when they sing words i have real trouble reading them and pronouncing them properly..as Swiss German is a difficult language to read)






Once the club have sung and rehearsed for about 2 hours they are finished for the evening. they then usually go to a pub in the area (a different one each time)
and there they have a drink and have a bit of a sing for fun.

I like going to the Jodelclub and really do hope that I can master Yodeling soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can the men only yodel when they have their hands in their pockets? Is this how they reach the high notes.

Dad

September 04, 2007 11:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also hope you can learn to yodel!!! I would not have a hope!
Love Mum xxxx

September 04, 2007 10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home