Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Wednesday, August 29

life zooms on.

I have now been back at school for 2 weeks but life has not slowed down. New things seem to be popping up every moment and to get a second to take them in is impossible as the next second I am doing something new. As of last week every Friday night I am off to the local Yodelling club. I get picked up at 7.15 and am driven there by a member of the club. She is a lovely lady and I get along with her well.

I always thought yodelling would be easy…..but let me tell you it is not. It is hard slog. I still cant get he sound and I have bee practicing for 2 weeks. Apparently depending on the person some people never get it, and for others it can take years, but the lucky few get it in a few weeks (so I am hoping I am one of the lucky few).

With yodelling it is all about slamming your vocal cords and singing on your throat and then suddenly in your head. It is hard to explain and even harder to do. But I am determined that by the end of the year I will make some sort of sound that slightly resembles yodelling, And then I will yodel for both my rotary clubs her and at home..


So when I am not at my yodelling club of about 20 people ( 3 women the rest men) I am off at school trying to understand all the school work and what the teachers are saying.

And now thank you to rotary every Thursday after noon until November this struggle with German will be made easier as I have a German Course in Zurich. This course is just for exchange student and at the end we will all sit tests at different levels (depending on how good we are) and we will all receive an international recognised certificate …saying that we have a certain level in German. I am hopping to do the B1 certificate, which is a business level German certificate. However seeing as this is the hardest we have on offer I may end up having to do the one below which would be just as good an achievement.


So life is busy, from yodelling to German courses to just being at school and trying to understand the work and home work. However I wouldn’t have it any other way. I am loving this year. There are ups and downs…as there is in anything you do….but I think I have an opportunity that I will look back on and be amazed at just how lucky I was.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply cannot wait to hear you yodelling!!!!!!!!
Love Mum xxx

August 29, 2007 9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home