Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Friday, August 24

On Sunday the 19th there was a horse festival in my village organized by my host father.
What this was ,was a horse jumping competition with a few display events, food and activities.
I came at midday on the Sunday to this festival as I had been at Rachel’s and Para gliding the day before. The event had been going since the Friday, however Sunday was the main day.

I arrived at then event and had a lovely lunch in the members’ area of the riding hall. The view from here was great as you could see you over the riding ring and had a good view of the day with out pushing through the crowds of people.


After lunch I decided to brave the crowds and get some good horse jumping snaps. These photos took a while to take as it is hard to get perfect timing with the horses jumping over the hurdles. These photos are also of the professional riders hence the huge height of the hurdles.









Snapping away as each rider jumped passed I accidentally caught a photo of one of the jockeys about the fly over the top of her horse’s neck and crash into all the hurdles making a huge enormous bang. Luckily she was ok..i think a bit shocked, bruised and embarrassed but thankfully nothing seemed to be broken.






Seeing this reminded me how dangerous this sport really is As I was watching the riders before the lady that feel I was thinking. Oh that looks easy, rather fun.
But then you realise the reason why these people are professionals, and that is because they are good at what they do and make it look easy, however this is far form the case.

so after having a big in-depth thought process over horse riding I went and met m last host parents at the entrance…...they had been invited by the Meire’s to join them in the members box for lunch.

This was nice to see the Ruttis again. I really enjoyed talking to them again and really did just have a good time enjoying their company.

The news on the Rutti front is Benjamin and Olivia are now both on exchange. Olivia is in Australia and Benjamin Tai-wan, both of them are enjoying their different exchanges very much. And I think that while the house is empty and they miss their children Michele and Romeo enjoy the freedom of once again being childless…..so they are off travelling in England for a few weeks and later in the year will come down to Australian, and they will even stop by in Tasmania....how exciting is that. I am looking forward to them meeting my family.

After lunch and talking to the Ruttis I went and helped my host dad (Robi) with a few things. We officiated the drawing of a raffle where first prize believe it or not was a real live pony.





I was so amazed. I have seen raffles with hampers, chocolate and lollies but never with live stock and most defiantly never a raffle with a pony.

After the raffle I walked the hours walk home...and this was lovely as it was nice to just walk and think for a little. On exchange the world goes so fat and so much is happening ...and sometimes just walking for an hour is a nice peaceful break. A way of gathering your thoughts and slowing the pace down a bit..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Angela....what awesome photos!!!! You have an amazing record of something you would not usually have had a chance to attend. The pony is so cute....a shame it has to grow up!!!
I am glad you were able to get some 'time out' on your walk home. The countryside looks lovely.
Love Mum xxxx

August 26, 2007 12:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home