Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Wednesday, March 28

My weekend

On Saturday I went camera shopping in Bern. I met up with my host sister after her oral french exam and we went camera hunting together. After walking around we finally found a good quality affordable camera. I am so happy to have a camera again as being an exchange student a camera becomes an extension of your hand...and now that extension is back in action...so be ready as heaps of photos are coming your way.

On Sunday I went to Luzern with my host family.



We went for a walk around the lake of Luzern and arrived at this awesome transport museum. This sounds really dull but this place was more like a mini car,train and plane theme park than a museum. First we went on a trip back to the 1800's to when the rail way tunnels were being built. We all hoped on a train and were driven to a underground world with sound lights and puppets. This was really fun and it was interesting to learn the stories of the Swiss tunneling experiences.






Next we went to the plane room. This was so much fun. The planes all hung from the ceiling and you could walk around under them.





My favourite thing was to go in this pilot training pod. I asked my host family to come with me however they declined the experience..so instead I went in it with some Swiss man who was also standing in line.

What you did was you went in the pod and it simulated the flight of a plane...and you steered it. Being a speed and spinning junky i made the plane spin and roll and flip so many times the poor man in the pod with me started to look green. However he seem not to mind so much as when it was his turn to steer he seemed to make us spin just as much as I had....good fun.





when I left the pod, struggling to walk straight , we zig-zaged our way to the space section....here I went on the space shuttle spinning machine to get you used to space sickness.....again I made myself spin so fast that when i got up I nearly fell on my host mum.

We then Had lunch, after lunch we went to the Imax theater that was in the adjacent building. here we saw a wonderful film about different cultures and native tribes . The screen was so huge, about as big as 4 tennis courts. It was so great. You really felt like you were making woven baskets with the old ladies, or you were about to go bear hunting with the men. Just wonderful!

When we left we put our ticket stickers onto the car outside.....and no we didn't stick it on to any car....we stuck it onto he ticket car....this car was covered in so many tickets I decided it deserved a photo.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have been totally ill if I had been spun like that!!! I get motion sick just watching spinning things!! The sticker car looks amazing!!! Your host family are spoiling you!
Love Mum xxx

April 02, 2007 2:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home