Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Thursday, June 21

England * 2*

I awoke on day 2 really early........this is because England is one hour behind Switzerland.....so instead of waking up at my internally programmed 5.50am start for school I awoke at 4.50am. I then looked at my clock in horror rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. Sadly this was a bit harder that expected , as my body kept trying to tell me I had to get up…..however after giving my brain a quick talking to I was able to fall into a nice half awake , half asleep state and drifted in and out of dreams until 8.00am

After getting ready the next stop on my agenda was breakfast. So I went down stairs and had some toast for breakfast. Cordelia then went off to her last ‘First Holy Communion classes. The only kids left in the house were Olivia and I, as Rupert has school Saturday morning so he was not there.

Olivia and I then went and cleaned out the bunnies apartments. Now when I say bunny apartments I mean a room in the cottage were the bunnies live. Yes the bunnies have their own room. This is because in England they have a lot of foxes and to have rabbits in a cage outside does not mean the rabbit is safe form the foxes jaws. This is because the English foxes are extremely intelligent and have managed to be able to open many a rabbit cage and bring the rabbit that lives inside to an unwelcome end.

So we cleared out the 5 star bunny residence. This was not my favourite thing to do as we had to shovel all of the bunny poop, and straw. However we worked as a team and had the job done in no time.


Next we went and helped set up and get things organized for the Post Communion Celebrations that would be held at their house in the barn. However unlike the bunny apartments this barn was not a home to furry critters and was infarct a huge big hall style building with high roofs and wooden beams….so in other words it was just beautiful.


The plans for the room were 10 tables with 9 people on each. The tables were then to be decorated and set. There would be food tables and people could go and serve themselves like a buffet. The idea was perfect. My job was chief Table cloth steamer.



So with Olivia’s help we used this new super space looking machine to steam all of the table clothes (like a cross between an iron and a vacuum cleaner thing). As we were half way through steaming ….reinforcements arrived …aka friends of the family and Cornelia’s God mothers, who had come to help with the setting up.


One of Cordelia’s God mothers made the most amazing flower arrangements I have ever seen. They were just exquisite………if only I had these talents. She made the most lovely flower ball of Cordelia to hold at church while she was in her First Holy Communion dress (that Elizabeth had made her). The ball was made up of hundreds of tiny roses and looked jut exquisite.

I love meeting new people and getting to know their story. I find it so interesting and really like to find out what they have done in life, their beliefs, etc. I think that if you can get to know people you learn so much and I just find it so interesting and I enjoy it.
So after talking to people and learning what made them tick the day was drawing to an end.
Elizabeth sewed a little jacket for Cordelia’s dress. This was so sweet as it was all made out of embroidered lace.

We then had a 2nd time luck birthday dinner with the whole family………..so a nice meal and some Champagne.

It was now getting time for bed. I read Cordelia a bed time story………….but seeing as I was tried my dyslexia was taking advantage of me , so she probably would have been better off reading it herself with mistakes I was making. However the story was more eventful than normal so I think she enjoyed it.

I then slipped into be and fell fast asleep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela it is really interesting that you had to stop thinking in German. You are a good story teller. This is written on my new computer.

Dad

June 22, 2007 8:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey angela!!!

yay for you that is awsome!!! i remember cordelia when she was two and rupert was 5 or six,..tell them to come here again...do you remember when rupert asked me out? hahaha
xx vee

June 22, 2007 5:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela! Now I know to whom I shall turn to get the creases out of the huge white tablecloth from my grandmother when we mext host a dinner party!!!
The bunny apatments sound amazing! Perhaps you will now be motivated to clean the bird cage...oops...penthouse!
Love Mum xxx

June 23, 2007 2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home