Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Friday, June 15

Families

On Wednesday my host family now (the Rütti's) hosted an 'Angela's Host parents get-together'.

I helped my host mum (Michele) Prepare some nibbles and some of the finger food for the get-together.

The Couples then arrived and I was introduced to my next host families (well the parents).

My second host family have 2 children; a boy 16 and a girl 13. They live in a town (Balstal.. which is also my Rotary club town and it is about 20 minutes from my current town (Niederbipp)....so 20m minutes further in the direction away form my school.......so this will mean even earlier starts than 5.50am in the mornings.

However this early morning set back is totally over shadowed by the huge positive......I will have horses. I think this is extremely exciting. I never really was a huge horse person.....but I have always liked them. However since I have been in Switzerland and I have seen horses everywhere I have grown really fond of them. Also the thought of learning to ride a horse is totally awesome.


My third host family also live in Balstal. They also seem totally lovely. The have 2 sons one 21 (who lives away from home as he is studying law at university), and a one who is almost 18. This thought really excites me as I will have gone from being in Australia in a female dominated house hold.........to a male dominated one. I really could not have had a more different family. I am so excited. I also think one of my host brothers has dread locks.......but don’t quote me on that one as I am not totally sure.


It was great to talk to my new host parents and get to know everyone.
We have worked out that I will be changing host families (so form my 1st to my second) on the 29th of July


While this is exciting....it is also really sad. As I have grown really fond of my current host family; The Rütti's. I always knew I liked them and got along with them all really well, but now with the thought of leaving I really had not realised how much I really really liked them...............it is not that I took them for granted, but I just didn’t realise how great they really are. And they are great....sure at times I do miss my own family and miss the ways we do things...but this family really have opened their hearts to me and I really do feel welcome and almost apart of the family...and I just didn’t realise this until now I have to leave.

So while I am excited to have a change of host families and have new experiences........I will also miss the familiarities and the bonds I have with the Rütti’s.

I know it will be hard to connect with people all over again, Find my place in the family and get to know the family so well that I would almost call them my second or 3rd family.

However it will be a challenge I am ready to take it. Who know what will come form it.

So wish me luck.........now the biggest challenge is packing up all of my things and moving it over to the new house…and this is a problem because I have collected a lot of Swiss treasures along the way, and I have a strange felling it won’t all fit in my suit cases.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure you will miss your first host family...and think of the chance to have another close relationship with another family! I hope I get to meet them all one day. Please thank them all so very much...in German...both high German and Swiss German, from your Mum in Australia.

Love Mum xxxx

June 15, 2007 10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Angela... have fun with you host families........... wowow horses... that will be pretty cool.... so a familly of boy this time.... well next or next next time......
have fun.... llooovvveeee
ooooollllliiiiiivvvvvviiiiiiaaaaaa
xoxox

June 17, 2007 11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home