Name:
Location: A true blue Aussie, living in Switzerland

Wednesday, October 24

Eurpoe Tour 3

After The Czech Republic it was off to Austria for us.

As usual most of the day was taken up with driving.....however this was not a problem as i enjoyed our buss rides. we always had allot of fun together, with music playing and walking around the bus and talking.

We had our first stop at a small church....and let me tell you this church was like nothing i have ever seen in my entire life. The whole thing was decorated with bones from 40,000 people, as there had once been a plague and there was not enough space for graves. The site also represented the fact that one is always the same in death and so we should make our soles beautiful and not focus on appearance.






After the church we kept on driving until we arrived at our Lunch stop for the day was another small village in Czech. This village was so lovely, made better by the fact that it was not overly touristy and was extremely cheap. Here I bought a scarf and lunch for about 1 Australian dollar.

that afternoon we arrived in Austria and all went to our hotel rooms. My room was just amazing, totally massive and extremely clean. Here I was in a room with Kristen, Emily and Hannah.

We then had the afternoon free to look around the suburb area that we were in.
I then went and with Jimmy, Emma, Tanya, and Kay-lea and had an iced coffee.
We then had dinner in our hotel ad the food was heaven....it was soo good to eat proper meals again

after dinner we once again had free time so it was off to explore the church, the area a little more. We then stumbled across the best ever little restaurants where I had this amazing chocolate dessert.....totally fabulous.





The next day we awoke early and went with our bus into Vienna. We then had a city tour by bus; we picked up our tour guide along the way. I feel that we did our city tour by bus as Vienna is so big we couldn’t have done it all on foot

We stopped at the most amazing building I have ever seen......it was called Hunderedwasser haus....and was a Art building filled with tiny shops etc





the buildings toilet was even an attraction as it was no normal toilet room but an art toilet room.


We also had a stop off at the Old Royal place, where the statues have their breast replaced each 3 years as they are worn away by the hands of thousands of men and women who take a photo holding the statues breasts.


We then all walked into the city centre and from here went off in smaller groups to do what we wished. The boys all went to The Australian Pub ;that they found. And Gemma and Kay-Lea and I headed off first to the Church to climb the tower.






Afterwards we met up with some others and all had a special Sachentorte...I thinks that what it was called....what ever it is called it is a speciality from Vienna.

It then ended up that I was off with Gemma, Rachel and Kyle to see the historical sites of the village.

We first headed off the Museum....Before we entered the museum we saw little men all dressed up trying to get us to buy tickets to their concert.....one even asked Gemma to marry him.....however she declined and we all had a photo with him instead




Once in the museum I was totally blown away as and I have never seen such a beautiful presented museum in my life. It was so amazing.....I could have spent days in there and Kyle had so much knowledge to share about the Egyptians and Gemma knew the history behind nearly every painting and sculpture....listening to them really brought the museum to life.




after the museum we continued to walked through the city passing Mozart’s Statue and the Town hall (or Rathaus as it is in German) oh and also the Parliament buildings



We then found ourselves in a beautiful park and here we climbed a tree and took photos...allot of fun



that evening we had Wien schnitzel for dinner in a restaurant and the we were all of to a Classical concert. This was just wonderful.. I really didn’t know what to expect ...and I never did expect the concert to turn out how it did. The concert was mainly opera and Mozart...but then there were also comedy aspects intertwined in the whole evening, such as music being played with hammers and whistles etc. It really was very enjoyable

The next it was back to the city for an Orienteering sort of game. We had a list of questions and we had to go around Vienna and find out the answers. Before our Orienteering game we had another group photo at another Royal place.





and then after many a photo we all went and played in the Palaces mazes. This was so much fun as the mazes were very interactive with water being shot at you etc.






We then split up into our teams, my team was with Gemma, Rachel, Kyle and Kay-Lea. We were a good group as we went to most of the places that we had to find out the answer and didn’t just sit in the Australian Pub and ask the bar tender the answers. I am so glad that we were good, as I had so much fun with my group travelling around looking for our answers.

After doing the first few questions we had a break and did what any girls would do in a city and went shopping. I had so much fun with Kay-lea and Gemma as we tried on hundreds of clothes while the others went off to look in other shops.

After a while our group ended up splitting as Rachel and Kyle wanted to get piercing and Kay-Lea, Gemma and I decided that we would go and finish all our questions.

We took the train to a park where we had to say what was in the statues arms.....well this was allot easier said than done as we ended up catching the wrong train, then we hopped on the right train but went in the wrong direction....and eventually after many a laugh and a change of clothes (yes we changed into our newly bought tops on the train) we arrived at our park.

Here we took a photo with the sculpture......(the man taking the photo told us to do diffrent emotions with each persons camera...mine is confused .. I think)





We then had fun in this beautiful park and took some more photos...we even caught me falling out of a tree on camera.


We then arrived at our meeting point to hand in our questions....however we realised we had forgotten to do one....it was something to do with how many rings are around some special church pillar....so offcourse no-one we asked knew the answer.......so being cleaver we looked on a postcard and counted the rings...and guess what we got it right.


That evening we found ourselves free in a them park style thing (like Luna park) for 3 hours.

I went on a few rides and then I found the ultimate thrill.......




however I was so scared to go in it....I don’t know why as usually I love this stuff...but I just felt so anxious.... as I was trusting my life in a few pieces of rubber string.

however I did it and it was so much fun.

The next day we had a free morning until 11. So what did I do??...like all the other girls I went and had a hair trim....this is because it was so cheap in Austria ...well about 20 AUS...but in Switzerland it would have cost me close to 70Aus.

After 11 we all went on some bush walk thing. This was not the most beautiful of walk however we all seemed to enjoy ourselves. I even danced on a hill singing the sound of music...I will have to get the film off somebody.


That afternoon we watched the Rugby....Australia vs. England and any true Rugby fan will know the outcome was not a happy one for Australia....need I say some of the boys were not to pleased, but the south Africans liked to lets us know that they were still in the cup.

After dinner that night myself, Gemma, Kay-lea, Rachel, Emma, Lauren, Tanja, Caity etc all went and had some more of the amazing chocolate cake. Here we all had a great chat about everything and anything.


Afterwards we went back to the hotel to pack our bags for Italy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will have to swap notes on Austria..... we stayed at the Sacher Hotel, and a tiny sacher torte was left on our pillows each night!!! I am so glad you had fun there...a gorgeous city.
Love Mum xxxx

November 26, 2007 4:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home